Looking for something fun to do in Oklahoma? If you’re planning a trip to the region, you and your family should consider a trip to Chickasaw Country, which comprises the 13 south central counties in Oklahoma.
Your first stop should be to the Chickasaw Nation Welcome Center, which is on I-35 exit 55 near Davis.
Looking for family or kid-friendly activities? Chickasaw in Oklahoma has numerous activities that the entire family can enjoy. Some popular examples include:
· Chickasaw Council House Museum – Learn Chickasaw’s history and culture, dating back to the Trail of Tears removal.
· Lazer Zone Family Fun Center – Features a 24-lane bowling alley, 9-hole 3D black light miniature golf, batting cages and a two-story lazer tag arena.
· Chickasaw National Recreational Area – Recreational park surrounded by Travertine Creek, Rock Creek, Veterans Lake and Lake of The Arbuckles. You can go motor boating, sailing, water skiing, fishing, hiking, camping and swimming. There are 6 campgrounds to choose from.
· Chickasaw National Capitol Building – Historical museum for the tribal identity and independence Chickasaw fought for.
· Tiger Safari Zoological Park – 135 animals including white tigers and other rare cats, exotic birds, red kangaroos, wallabies, foxes, reptiles and lemurs.
· Air Donkey Zipline Adventures – Ziplining over a mile through Arbuckle Mountains. Also features a sky bridge.
· Andy Alligator’s Fun Park – Climbing walls, arcade, bumper boats, miniature golf, batting cages and go karts.
Going solo or as a couple without children? There are plenty of things to do that are suitable for adults as well. Some examples include:
· Remington Park Casino – Features horse racing, a brewery, The Silks restaurant and 750 gaming machines.
· Bedré Fine Chocolate – Manufacturing and retail of gourmet chocolates and unique gifts.
· ARTesian Gallery and Studios – Appreciate fine art. Don’t forget to check out the spa across the street.
· WinStar Global Event Center – 3,400 seat event center. Check and see what events are going on during your visit. The Center was awarded “Casino of the Year” for two consecutive years by the Academy of Country Music Industry.
· MIST – Premier nightclub with live DJ’s. Ladies have no cover charge.
· McSwain Theatre – Go indulge in live entertainment, performances and shows. Check out their venue for your visit to plan ahead.
· Palladium Sports Lounge – Upscale sports lounge to watch sporting events on HD TV. Features live music on weekends.
· Skyline Lounge – Piano bar.
Don’t forget to choose your lodging as well. Are you planning on camping or getting a hotel room? A bed and breakfast is always an option as well, and there are quite a few to choose from. There are multiple RV parks and campgrounds, including the WinStar RV Park, which is right by the WinStar World Casino and resort. Utilizing travel resources can prevent last minute snags and ensure you get the most out of your vacation.
If you really want to plan ahead, you might visit the Chickasaw Country website, where you can utilize a Trip Planner feature to peruse all of the activities, events and lodging options. You can click to “add them to your trip” and then save them for coming back to the site, print them or email/share them with friends and family. This way you won’t forget any stops you want to make.